Sexual Assault & Sexual Violence
If you have experienced sexual harassment, sexual assault or sexual violence we are here to support you.
- Go to a safe place
- Talk to someone you trust
- Get medical attention
- Seek out support and counselling
- Get advice on your options for reporting
Your rights are recognized and supported at Conestoga, including the right to security of person.
Security of Person — The right to be secure from harassment, including sexual harassment.
- Vexatious comment(s) or conduct that is known, or ought reasonably to be known, to be unwelcome (i.e., sexual remarks, allegations or physical contacts that are degrading).
- Unwelcome sexual advance(s) or solicitation made by a person who is in position to grant or deny a benefit to another.
- When a person who is in a position to grant or deny a benefit threatens or institutes a reprisal against the person who rejected his or her sexual advance;
A criminal offence under the Criminal Code of Canada. Sexual assault is any type of unwanted sexual act done by one person to another that violates the sexual integrity of the victim and involves a range of behaviours from any unwanted touching to penetration. Sexual assault is characterized by a broad range of behaviours that involve the use of force, threats, or control towards a person, which makes that person feel uncomfortable, distressed, frightened, threatened, or that is carried out in circumstances in which the person has not freely agreed, consented to, or is incapable of consenting to.
A broad term that describes any violence, physical or psychological, carried out through sexual means or by targeting sexuality.
Good2Talk 24 hours/day – 7 days/week
A free professional and anonymous support for students in Ontario. Good2Talk Post-Secondary Student Helpline : 1-866-925-5454 http://www.good2talk.ca/
Support and Accommodations
If you wish to speak to someone directly, please go to Security Services.
Access supports through Counselling:
Get Medical Care:
Doon Campus: Room 1A101
519-748-5220 ext. 3360
Cambridge Campus: Room A1213
519-748-5220 ext. 4523
Waterloo Campus: Room 1C4
519-748-5220 ext. 5224
Guelph Campus: Welcome Centre
519-748-5220 ext. 6156
Sexual Assault and Sexual Violence Policy & Procedure