COVID-19: Temporary changes to medical care service
The health and safety of our students is our highest priority. In this challenging time, we will continue to provide medical care to our students in the best and safest way we can. In light of the current situation, we have implemented the following temporary changes:
- If you feel unwell or have any medical concerns email
email@example.com from your Conestoga student email or phone 519-748-5220 ext. 3679 to arrange a time to speak to a health care professional.
- Please be prepared with your student ID number, telephone number and the concern you are contacting us about.
- When receiving a call from our health care team, it may be from a blocked number.
- Conestoga's medical clinic can only provide service to students who are currently residing in Ontario.
- If you require a prescription renewal, please phone your pharmacist, and they will fax us a refill request. Our fax number is 519-748-3509.
If you are concerned that you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, please use the online self-assessment
to determine what actions to take. Visit
Region of Waterloo Public Health's website
for general information on COVID-19 and recommendations regarding social distancing, returning from travel or close contact with someone diagnosed with the virus.
Please note: Conestoga College's medical clinic acts as the primary care provider for all Conestoga International Students and any domestic students who do not have a family doctor.
BOOK A COVID-19 VACCINE APPOINTMENT AT THE KITCHENER - DOON CAMPUS MEDICAL CARE CLINIC.For information on changes to on-campus mental health resources, please visit our
Counselling Services page.
For more information on Conestoga College’s response to COVID-19, please refer to updates on the
COVID-19 Vaccine Quick Reference Guide
This document has been created to help Conestoga College students in Ontario find reliable and up-to-date information on how and where they can obtain a COVID-19 vaccine.
How do I get a COVID-19 vaccine?
Doctor and nurse practitioner appointments are available to all Conestoga College students with OHIP or other health insurance plans. The Medical Care Clinic is
located at Doon Campus.
Medical services available
Most of our
services are available by appointment only. Drop-in first aid support and a limited number of walk-in appointments may be available but are not guaranteed.
- Diagnosis and treatment of illness and injury
- Sexual health - STI testing, PAP smear, birth control, pregnancy testing, etc.
- Prenatal care (up to 28 weeks)
- Specialist referrals
- Mental health support
- Sick notes and third-party forms ($)
- Skin treatments ($ for some)
- Immunizations and injections ($ for some)
- Lab and phlebotomy (blood) services (requisition required)
Examples of services that may require additional costs are noted using the dollar ($) sign.
Costs for uninsured services ($)
The following service fees will be charged in the Medical Care Clinic and are not covered under any health insurance plans:
|No OHIP/other provincial health insurance card*||$20-100|
|No international health insurance card*||$20-100|
|Quebec residents with RAMQ card*||$20-100|
|No show for an appointment or late cancellation||$30|
|Cosmetic skin treatments not covered by insurance**||$15 - $75|
|OSAP Disability Verification Form||$60|
|Accessibility Services Health Certificate||$20|
|Immigration Medical Surveillance||$40|
|Driver's Physical and Form||$90|
|Other physicals and forms**||$25-$100|
Fees are subject to change without notice.
*If a student does not have up-to-date, valid proof of health insurance at their appointment, they will be billed the cost of the appointment equal to their insurance carrier's procedure code. (Insurance carrier examples: OHIP, UHIP, CIHIP)
**Fee will be determined by the medical provider after the visit/assessment/procedure has been done.
What you need to know about medical clinic appointments
Contact us to book an appointment.
- Appointments are typically 10-15 minutes in length and are focused on a single health concern. If you are experiencing multiple health concerns, please let us know when you are booking an appointment, as you may require more than one appointment.
- Students must present a valid
ONEcard (student ID) and proof of
- Please arrive 5 minutes early to complete any required forms and questionnaires.
- Inform the front desk of any changes to your personal information.
- There is a $30 fee for missed appointments without 24 hours' notice.
- If you are late for an appointment, it will be at the medical team's discretion if they can still fit you in that day.