Late Arrival, Cancellation and Missed Appointment Guidelines
Student Health and Wellness (Medical, Counselling and Peer Support)
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you attend your scheduled appointments with Student Health and Wellness.
- Cancellations will be accepted without penalty up to 24 hours before your appointment.
- Individuals who cancel with less than 24 hours notice or miss an appointment(no-show) receive a flag on their record and may be subject to a $30.00 fee, as per the
Uninsured Fee Guide.
- Appointment reminders are emailed to your Conestoga College email address 48 hours before your appointment as a courtesy; however, you are responsible for your appointment from the time of booking.
- This guideline applies to all Student& Health and Wellness clients and staff. Clients are responsible for following the guideline and asking any questions they may have. Staff are responsible for the effective implementation and communication of this guideline.
- This guideline will be strictly enforced.
Our health care providers’ schedules are often full, and an allotted amount of time is provided for each scheduled appointment. It is important that you are ready and available to meet with the provider at the scheduled time. If you are 10 minutes late for your appointment, the appointment will be considered a no-show, and you may be asked to reschedule.
Late cancellation If your appointment is not cancelled 24 hours or more before it is scheduled, a flag will be added to your client record. If you receive three flags in a term, you must meet with the Manager, Customer Care and Operations of Student Health and Wellness before additional appointments can be scheduled.
Missed appointment (no-show)If you do not show up for your appointment, a flag will be added to your client record. If you receive three flags in a term, you must meet with the Manager, Customer Care and Operations of Student Health and Wellness before additional appointments can be scheduled.
Note: Flags are grouped. For example, if you do not show up for one appointment and do not provide 24 hours’ notice cancelling another, that is two flags on your record.